“Work with African children at a school situated next to the beach, in beautiful settings”.
Learn to surf and teach less privileged children to surf.
This project is situated in Coffee bay, one of the most beautiful Bays in South Africa. Coffee bay was founded many years ago when a Coffee Ship was wrecked on the Coastline of Coffee Bay. This is a Trully amazing place to Visit. Still Untouched and so beautiful. This Tropical place of South Africa is situated on the Wild Coast, Transkei where beach life is a pleasure and Surfing is Joy. Invest in the lives of children in rural Africa, on the magical Wild Coast of South Africa, this is a beautifully breath taking place to visit. You will get to see the famous ‘’Hole in the wall’’ and experience the true African Culture, whilst meeting some Great people.
This programme is based in the Remote Coastal village on the Transkei Coastline, where faith based people are working hard to make a real difference in the lives of the local community.
Learn to Surf and learn to Teach children to surf (alongside our Coach), or if you have surfed before then you can assist leading as a Surfing Coach. Please let us know on your application form if you have surfed before or not.
As a Volunteer you can let us know what you expect from your time with us and what your passions are, so that you can enjoy doing what you love to do. If you would like to have mornings free and only teach Sports and Surfing in the afternoons then you are most welcome. Please let us know what you would like to do.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to assist the local school teacher at the school and Child Care Centre in the mornings from 8am to 1pm daily, teaching the children, making Arts and crafts and playing with the children.
It will be a Great privilege to have you Joining us adding HOPE and LOVE into the children’s lives, in the afternoons you may help the children with their home work and teaching sports activities with the children. The school currently has +- 200 children.
- Registration Fee – Web-design Costs, Program marketing costs, administration costs, Volunteer in Sa fund, and communication costs with volunteers.
- Volunteer Program Fee – Basic orientation, staff costs to supervise, accommodation at a lovely Beach resort, country administration costs, pick up and drop off in umtata- and collection by a staff member, shuttle to buy food weekly, use of surfing equipment.
What additional costs will you have?
*The Volunteer must provide for the following:
· Visa (you will get a 3 month visa on entry to South Africa free of Charge if you hold a : UK, USA, OR EUROPE PASSPORT),
· All volunteers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure
· Mobile phone/ internet charges. A variety of mobile network carriers provide good coverage for both mobile phones as well as internet facilities. It is normally more cost effective to locally purchase pay-as-you-go air-time and data bundles compared to roaming options.
· Spending money for essentials, souvenirs, etc