Do you want to work with less privileged children in Zanzibar?
“Assist with adding HOPE AND LOVE into Children’s lives”.
The program runs daily from Monday to Friday, From 8am-1pm assisting in the classrooms and helping with Sports in the afternoons (with an lunch break). As a volunteer, you can bring your strengths and skills to the Project, and assist with the talents you have. Volunteers have the opportunity to assist the local preschool teachers at the School in the mornings. Our aim is to reach out to Many Less Privileged children, adding HOPE and LOVE into their lives. The children have a great need for 1 on 1 interaction. Your help will be so much appreciated at the school. The children love having visitors and the Teachers really appreciate the assistance.
As a volunteer you will also have the opportunity to enjoy the Beautiful Island, whilst helping the poorer villages. You will have the opportunity to work with the Local Teachers and People in the area, whilst enjoying the Tropical Island and Spectacular Coastline of the Zanzibar Island.
FEES SHORT STAY (Less than 2 months).
$220 / £170 / 200 Euros per week (includes weekly transport).
$240 / £185 / 220 Euros for the 1st week only (includes airport pick up and drop off).
FEES LONG STAY (more than 2 months)
$170 / £130 / 155 Euros Per week (includes weekly transport).
$190 / £145 / 170 Euros for the 1st week only (includes airport pick up and drop off).
Prices exclude The once off Registration Fee of $250 (This fee reserves your place with us) This fee is payable once your application form has been accepted to come and Join us or when you decide to reserve your place with us. (this registration fee does not have an expiry date). So you may Join us at any time.
Prices exclude flights (Please try and book your flight to arrive on any Monday or Tuesday of the Month), Travel insurance and visas (you will need to pay $50 for a three months visa on arrival at the airport and $200 for the visa Permit / Visa approval before arrival). Our team will apply for your visa Permit on behalf of you (1.5 months before arrival) The visa application needs to be done in Zanzibar, so our team will happily assist you with this at no extra cost to you, except the Permit fee. Our team leader will collect you on arrival at the Airport. Please budget an extra $40 for food per week. (Our friendly staff will take you to the shop once week to buy food. Please see the next page on how to sign up with us (it’s a simple procedure).
What do your fees pay for?
• Registration Fee – Web-design Costs, Program marketing costs, administration costs, Volunteer in Sa fund, food fund feeding the less privileged people and communication costs with volunteers.
• Volunteer Program Fee – Basic orientation, staff costs to supervise, accommodation in an African Style Neat Accommodation, in-country administration costs, pick up and drop off (At airport on arrival and departure), shuttle to buy food weekly, shuttle to Church once a week.
What additional costs will you have?
The Volunteer must provide for the following:
· Visa (you will get a 3 month visa on entry to Tanzania – Zanzibar at only $50, if you hold a : UK, USA, OR EUROPE PASSPORT).
· Voluntary permit (Volunteers will have also to prepare $200 for the permit, we will apply for this for you at no extra cost to you, except the Permit cost).
· All volunteers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure. (Please ask your physician which injections they recommend you have). Most our volunteers get a Hepatitis B, Rabies, Hepatitis A andTyphoid injection before departure from their country.
· Mobile phone/ internet charges. A variety of mobile network carriers provide good coverage for both mobile phones as well as internet facilities. It is normally more cost effective to locally purchase pay-as-you-go air-time and data bundles compared to roaming options. Please ask your service provider to check if your mobile phone will work in Zanzibar, else you can purchase a phone locally.
· Spending money for essentials, souvenirs, etc