Do you want to work with Less Privileged children Zanzibar Tropical Island?
“We have a great need for volunteers at out our Teaching, child care and Sports Project”.
The school is based in Mbweni area close to the beach (1km walk away from the beach). The school’s name is Willey Academy. The accommodation is walking distance to the School.
The school runs from 8am to 1pm. In the afternoons you may assist with sports if you would like too.
The school requires helpers to help teach the children one on one mainly. There is a great need for improving education: Arts and Crafts, Music, General creative activities, Maths and science and biology teachers. One of our greatest desires is for the children to speak English & do better at their school work, so your help and assistance with this will be so much appreciated.
The school comprises of the following;
· Kindergarden and Nursery school;
· A primary school
· Vocational Training institute
ACCOMMODATION AND MEALS
Please budget on an additional food amount of: $40 - $50 per week for food. (Our team will take you to the shops once a week to buy your food - transport is free of charge). There are also shops and restaurants close by with free wi-fi.
TRANSPORT ON ARRIVAL AND ORIENTATION
You will be collected from Zanzibar international airport safely on arrival and a friendly team leader will welcome you (we will also take you back to the airport on departure). If you arrive on a Ferry from the Mainland of De es Salaam, then we will collect you at the Ferry Pick up Point.
Basic Orientation will be given to you within 24 hours of your arrival. The orientation will cover basic information about the area, safety, transport, activities, food and supplies. We will also give you a tour of the village and show you our relevant projects.
SIMPLE STEPS ON HOW TO SIGN UP WITH US
1. Click on this application form link - this form only takes around 2 minutes to fill out:http://www.volunteerinsouthafrica.co.uk/registration-enquiries.html (the same link as on our previous Page).
2. Once you receive an email from us confirming approval of your application form, then you can go ahead and pay the once off registration fee to reserve your place with us. This fee is $260 once off, and can be paid via the DONATE button on our home page with a visa or Credit Card (or via PayPal). The remainder of the weekly fees are payable on arrival into the country. Please make sure you have the money ready for the leaders in USD.
3. You can Go ahead and book your return Flight once you have paid the registration fee to us. We do recommend you book your flight 3-6 months before Travel to get the best fare Possible.
4. You can purchase your visa on arrival into Zanzibar (at the airport).
5. We will send you a list of What to pack and other relevant information once we have received your application form and registration fee. Our Team looks forward to welcoming you.