Do you want to step out and experience something bigger, something greater and something better?
Our child care and teaching project awaits you.
(Click on any of the above images to view the full photo gallery)
“Share your Love, Care and passion with Underprivileged Children in Cape Town.”
These children are in desperate need of parenting and care. Many of the children we work alongside have been left alone to care for themselves, or are being looked after by members of their community whilst their parents work away. These children are from very poor backgrounds. We encourage the children and continue to introduce a good foundation into their lives to teach them Reading, Arts and Crafts, Bible study, Prayer, Worship and educational Programs. Your help and assistance in running these Projects will be much appreciated. We have a great need for volunteers to come and help at the child care centre. We really hope that you can Join us. This project runs all year round except: from the 20th December until the 5th January.
Volunteer programs Begin every Monday of the Month (Please try and arrive into CPT Cape Town Airport before 5pm on a Monday to receive our free airport pick up). Volunteers can choose from 1 week to 24 weeks (long term discounts are available). Price includes Airport pickup and drop off on a Monday only, Accommodation, Free Wi-fi, fresh bedding weekly, use of our fully equipped kitchen or meals at an extra $25 a day, Welcome Orientation, 24 hour in country support, staff to accompany you to and from the project and a free Dinner on your 1st night of arrival. Prices exclude flights, travel insurance, food (please budget $50 a week for fresh groceries) Our accommodation is within walking distance to the School.
PRICES FOR OUR CAPE TOWN CHILD CARE AND TEACHING PROJECT
(these fees are due 1.5 months before arrival):
|1 week||2weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||5 weeks||6 weeks||7 weeks||8 weeks||9 weeks||10 weeks|
|394 euro||540 euro||707 euro||867 euro||1033 euro||1147 euro||1363 euro||1527 euro||1690 euro||1855 euro|
|622 AUD||853 AUD||1115 AUD||1371 AUD||1632 AUD||1810 AUD||2149 AUD||2408 AUD||2667 AUD||2928 AUD|
If you join us for longer than 10 weeks then we offer 10% discount off our prices. Please email us for the discounted rate.
Registration Fee of $175 reserves your place with us and Covers – Web-design Costs, Program marketing costs, administration costs, Volunteer in Sa fund, and communication costs with volunteers. Once you have submitted your application form to us by clicking here, then you can go ahead and pay us the registration fee of $175 by clicking here
- Volunteer Program Fee above in the graph Covers – Free Airport pick up/ Drop off on a Monday, program supervision, Accommodation in a Lovely Volunteer house, Free wi-fi, fresh bedding weekly, use of our fully equipped kitchen or 3 meals at $25 a day, Tv room, staff to go with you to the projects, 24 in country support, Free welcoming dinner on arrival, in-country administration costs and staff fees. You will be given a free 90 days visa on arrival as long as you hold a (EU, UK OR USA Passport) Please let customs know you are coming on Holiday/ visiting the country. (please calculate the exchange rate in USD- our primary currency is $ on this site and in South Africa our currency used is RAND).
What additional costs will you have?
- All volunteers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure
- Travel insurance
- We have ubers in Cape Town, should you wish to explore the area you can call an uber or book online.
- $50 a week to buy groceries from our local super-market 5-10 minutes walk away from the house.
- Mobile phone - bring your phone and buy a local sim card/ internet charges/ there are some restaurants that offer free internet at the beach front. A variety of mobile network carriers provide good coverage for both mobile phones as well as internet facilities. Wattsapp does work in South Africa – you can message overseas with this service if you hold an android phone. It is normally more cost effective to locally purchase a local sim card, pay-as-you-go air-time, and data bundles compared to roaming options. However you could put your roam on for text messages to over-seas if you wish too. Please open your mobile phone up to work in other countries. You can then buy a local sim card for $1 and buy data to go onto face book, wattsapp, messenger and other platforms.
- Spending money for essentials, souvenirs, etc.