Do you want to step out and experience something bigger,
something greater and something better whilst staying at the beach?
Our child care and teaching project awaits you.
(Click on any of the above images to view the full photo gallery)
“Share your Love, Care and passion with Underprivileged Children in Cape Town.”
At this project you will have the opportunity to visit our vibrant Township on orientation and explore different cultures in South Africa and meeting some wonderful African Cultural people. You will get to experience how people with so little, appreciate so much. We are assisting Many less privileged Children in need, impacting their lives through the Love of Christ whilst adding HOPE AND LOVE into their lives.
Our education at victory kids includes:
Development of the whole child: spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, socially and aesthetically.
Laying down Biblical Foundations.
Building positive self-image and confidence, encouraging initiative, co-operation and creativity.
Creative and musical activities.
The development of skills and concepts in preparation for school & life.
These children are in desperate need of parenting and care. Many of the children we work alongside have been left alone to care for themselves, or are being looked after by members of their community. These children are from very poor backgrounds. We encourage the children and continue to introduce a good foundation into their lives to teach them Reading, Arts and Crafts, Bible study, Prayer, Worship and educational Programs. Our volunteers also assist with preparing the children's lunch and assisting around the centre in general. Your help and assistance in running these Projects will be much appreciated. We have a great need for volunteers to come and help at the child care centre called Victory Kids. We really hope that you can Join us. This project runs all year round. Our volunteers all attend Victory Church Cape town which is based in Fish hoek. We also have cell group in the week, which we would love to welcome you too.
Volunteer programs Begin every Monday of the Month (Please try and arrive into CPT Cape Town Airport before 5pm on a Monday to receive our free airport pick up). Volunteers can choose from 1 week to 24 weeks (long term discounts are available). Price includes Airport pickup and drop off on a Monday only, Accommodation situated close to the shops, restaurants, beach and within walking distance from everything you will need, Free limited Wi-fi, fresh bedding weekly, 24 hour in country support, staff to accompany you to and from the project and a free Dinner on your 1st night of arrival. Prices exclude flights, travel insurance, food (please budget $50 a week for fresh groceries) Our accommodation is within walking distance to the School, shops and 2 roads from the beach.
PRICES FOR OUR CAPE TOWN CHILD CARE AND TEACHING PROJECT
(these fees are due 1.5 months before arrival):
|1 week||2weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||5 weeks||6 weeks||7 weeks||8 weeks||9 weeks||10 weeks|
|526 euro||973 euro||1447 euro||2062 euro||2500 euro||2977 euro||3358 euro||4085 euro||4612 euro||5139 euro|
|835 AUD||1545 AUD||2297 AUD||3133 AUD||3969 AUD||4636 AUD||5640 AUD||6476 AUD||7312 AUD||8148 AUD|
If you join us for longer than 10 weeks then we offer 10% discount off our prices. Please email us for the discounted rate.
Registration Fee of $260 reserves your place with us and Covers – Web-design Costs, Program marketing costs, administration costs, Volunteer in Sa fund, and communication costs with volunteers. Once you have submitted your application form to us by clicking here, then you can go ahead and pay us the registration fee of $260 by clicking here
- Volunteer Program Fee above in the graph Covers – Free Airport pick up/ Drop off on a Monday, program supervision, Accommodation in lovely safe, neat and secure accommodation (a couple of roads walk from the beach), Free limited wi-fi, fresh bedding weekly, use of our fully equipped kitchen or 3 meals at $28 a day, Tv room, staff to show you how to get to the projects on our local transport or ubers are available, 24 in country support, Free welcoming dinner on arrival, in-country administration costs and staff fees. You will be given a free 90 days visa on arrival as long as you hold a (EU, UK OR USA Passport) Please let customs know you are coming on Holiday/ visiting the country. (please calculate the exchange rate in USD- our primary currency is $ on this site and in South Africa our currency used is RAND).
What additional costs will you have?
- All volunteers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure
- Travel insurance
- We have ubers in Cape Town, should you wish to explore the area you can call an uber or book online.
- $50 a week to buy groceries from our local super-market 5-10 minutes walk away from the house.
- Mobile phone - bring your phone and buy a local sim card/ internet charges/ there are some restaurants that offer free internet at the beach front. A variety of mobile network carriers provide good coverage for both mobile phones as well as internet facilities. Wattsapp does work in South Africa – you can message overseas with this service if you hold an android phone. It is normally more cost effective to locally purchase a local sim card, pay-as-you-go air-time, and data bundles compared to roaming options. However you could put your roam on for text messages to over-seas if you wish too. Please open your mobile phone up to work in other countries. You can then buy a local sim card for $1 and buy data to go onto face book, wattsapp, messenger and other platforms.
- Spending money for essentials, souvenirs, etc.