Do you want to work with Children adding Hope and Love into their lives whilst staying in a Beautiful Coastal Village? Then this is the perfect project for you.
“Share your Love and Care with Underprivileged Children in Oyster Bay, Close to Jeffreys Bay and St francis Bay (famous Surfing Spots)”.
Enjoy your time adding Hope and love into Children's lives whilst living close to the beach in beautiful South Africa. Madeleine and Zani the Leaders at the child care say: "We saw the need at our local township life skill anf care centres, so we decided to come alongside the children and invest in their lives showing them the love of Christ and teaching them life skills. We held small non denomindational Church services for the community where anyone in the village is welcome to Join. The children that we work with come from very poor backgrounds. We encourage the children and help within the school and child care centre with activities for the children. We saw that the Childcare Centres needed assistance so we decided to start a Care Centre and school within the Sea side Village of Oyster Bay. These Centres were started out of a desperate need for education, parenting and caring. Many of the children were left alone to care for themselves or were being looked after by members of the community whilst their parents worked. These children are from very poor backgrounds. Some of them have no parents. We encourage the children and help within the school and child care centres with activities for the Children. As a Volunteer you will assist the teacher in teaching the children new skills, Bible Study, Pray and worship, and helping with general activities. The children really need 1 on 1 interaction. If you want to prepare a lesson or Bible study with the children, then you are welcome to liase with the classroom Teacher to do so.
When Joining our Location at Oyster Bay, we encourage you to bring your God given talents, and share this with the children in need. (Please discuss your talents with the leaders) so they can organise for you to help in the areas of your talents. You will have the Opportunity to get involved in extra projects we run (at no extra cost). The Church and Centre run the following projects that you can get involved with:
*Child care Projects
*School to school Music and Evangelism and Preaching
*Teaching Projects - Reading, Maths, Science and Bible study
*Sports on Fridays
*Church on Sundays and Getting involved in the Church leadership Projects
*House to House visits
*House to house Evangelism in the Townships
*Arts and Drama
*Visiting high schools in Jeffreys Bay and Surrounding areas
*Assisting with teaching disabled children on Fridays
*Youth Facilitation (the Young men have a great need to be discipled by Men).
*Building Projects (You will need to sign up for this specifically on our set dates, if you choose to join building).
Please do let us know on arrival during Orientation, what you expect from your time here with us? and what your talents are. Its in our best interest for you to have the best time whilst you are with us and we want you to feel like your time has impacted the Less Privileged people (whilst you are with us).
This program runs daily – Monday to Friday Except for school Holidays. During the school holidays you are most welcome to get involved in our other activities within the Church and Centre. During Holidays we usually have childrens Camps. (Bible study and Pray and worship). We have a great need for help with the Camps during the school Holidays.
(Please note school holidays are: 28th March - 7th April, 21st June - 15th July, 20th Sept - 1st October, 4th December - 16th January, the schools are closed on these dates, however our other projects do still run on these dates, so you are most welcome to get involved in our evangelism projects, school to school ministry work and helping out at the Church on weekends).
This location runs all year round except from dates 15th december - 15th January and the 18th-27th August 2017.
Volunteer programs begin every Monday of each month (Please arrange for your flight to arrive at PORT-ELIZABETH Airport on a Monday) If this is not possible then we will make a plan to collect you, however we do prefer it if you can arrive on a Monday. Volunteers can choose from 1 week to 96 weeks.
Prices include Airport pickup and drop off on departure and a welcoming from our Staff, Safe and Secure and Neat Accommodation, transport to the schools further afield, Transport to buy food once a week, Pick up and Drop off for Church on Sondays and a brief Orientation. You will have the weekends free to explore the garden route (at your own cost to hire a car) Car hire is around $25-$35 a day (the volunteers usually hire cars together). On Sundays we ask that you can assist us with our Church. We Love to praise and worship and we also love to prepare small groups and pray for the children. You are most welcome to help with Church.
Prices exclude flights, travel insurance and visas. (You will be given a free 90 days visa on entering the country). As long as you hold an EU, BRITISH OR AMERICAN PASSPORT.
To Register with us there is a once off Fee of $250 / £205 (a once off registration fee). This registration fee Reserves your place with us (and does not have an expiry date). This fee covers the office running costs at Volunteer in South Africa, as well as our feeding programme at www.lovetogive.co.za
STAY FOR: 1 MONTH OR LESS (Minimum stay is 2 weeks).
$165 / £136 / R 1560 per person per week
$220 / £180 / R2060 per person for the 1st week only (includes pick up and drop off in Port-elizabeth).
STAY FOR MORE THAN 1 MONTH:
$125 / £103 / R1460 per person per week (minimum stay is 1 month).
$180 / £148 / R1960 per person for the 1st week only (includes pick up and drop off in Port-Elizabeth).
STAY FOR LESS THAN 1 MONTH:
$265 for the 1st week and $210 for every additional week.
STAY FOR MORE THAN 1 MONTH:
$205 for the 1st week and $150 for every additional week.
What do your fees pay for?
· Registration Fee – Web-design Costs, Program marketing costs, administration costs, Volunteer in Sa fund and feeding the Less Privileged people, communication costs with volunteers.
· Volunteer Program Fee – Airport pick up/Airport Drop off, Basic Orientation, Basic Program supervision and welcoming by staff at airport, Safe, Neat and Secure Accommodation, running costs, Internet (the internet in South Africa is not uncapped), weekly shopping trip to buy food once a week (budget around $40 for food per week), Transport to and from the surrounding area projects and transport to and from Church on a Sunday.
What additional costs will you have?
The Volunteer must provide for the following:
· Visa (you will get a 3 month visa on entry to South Africa free of Charge if you hold a : UK, USA, OR EUROPE PASSPORT), flights, Travel insurance.
· All volunteers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure
· Mobile phone / internet charges (only if you wish to purchase additional internet to chat on Skype etc). A variety of mobile network carriers provide good coverage for both mobile phones as well as internet facilities. You may let your service provider know you are coming Abroad, or you may buy a South African Mobile Phone at the cost of around $20 for a cheap phone.
· Watsapp and BBM do work in South Africa to message abroad (as long as you have a android phone, Smart Phone or Blackberry phone and you may put roaming on your phone before departure). It is normally more cost effective to locally purchase pay-as-you-go air-time and data bundles compared to roaming options.
· Spending money for essentials, souvenirs, etc.
· If you wish to do activities on the weekends then you will need to bring extra money for this.
· flights and Travel insurance need to be booked by you at your own cost.