Do you want to work with Children adding Hope and Love into their lives whilst staying in a Beautiful Coastal Village? If so Then this is the perfect project for you.
“Share your Love and Care with Underprivileged Children whilst staying in Jeffrey's bay World re-known surfing spot”.
This project is all inclusive of Lovely neat Accommodation, Airport pick up and drop off from Port-elizabeth airport, Local transport to and from the project Monday to Friday.
Enjoy your time adding Hope and love into Children's lives whilst staying in beautiful Jeffreys bay, Eastern Cape, South Africa. This project offers a free surf lesson in the afternoon and use of the surfing equipment, and the opportunity to learn to surf with the children and encourage the children to surf. We also welcome professional surfers or volunteers who already know how to surf. At the project you will be assisting the children with their home work after school, and there-after, the children's reward is to go surfing once their home work is done. We also encourage the volunteers to prepare a short bible study for the children if they wish too. The children also love praise and worship and Pray.
In the mornings you will be helping at our Partnered child care Project with the little children ages 1-6 year olds. The child care runs from 7:45am - 1pm followed by a 1.5 hour lunch break, and then Home work starts at around 2:30pm followed by surfing with the children at about 3.30 pm when the children have finished their home work.
The Leaders at the child care say: "We saw the need at our local township to teach life skills and education to the children, so we decided to come alongside the children and invest in their lives showing them the love of Christ and teaching them life skills. The children that we work with come from very poor backgrounds. There-fore our hearts are to show them the Love of Christ and to walk alongside them bringing them into a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ (we would love it if you could share in on this vision and come and Join us).
Our Surf school was started out of a desperate need for education, parenting and caring (especially after school hours). Many of the children were left alone to care for themselves or were being looked after by members of the community whilst their parents worked. The children need help with their home work daily. Some of them have no parents. We encourage the children and help within the school and child care center's with activities for the Children. As a Volunteer you will assist the children with home work after school and some bible study and there-after you and the children will have the opportunity to go Surfing at Jeffrey's Bay main beach.
The children really need 1 on 1 interaction and time.
When Joining us, we encourage you to bring your God given talents, and share this with the children in need. (Please discuss your talents with the leaders on arrival) so they can organize for you to help in the areas of your talents. You will have the Opportunity to get involved in extra projects we run (at no extra cost).
*Child care and teaching Project - reading, arts and crafts, assisting with home work and bible study with the children.
*Learning to Surf and teaching the less privileged children to surf, bringing them the (bible) word.
*Counciling one on one with the children.
*Church on Sundays @ Victory Church Jeffrey's Bay.
*Arts and Drama with the children at the child care center.
Please do let us know on arrival during Orientation, what you expect from your time here with us? and what your talents are. Its in our best interest for you to have the best time whilst you are with us and we want you to feel like your time has impacted the Less Privileged people (whilst you are with us).
The Surfing program runs daily – Monday to Friday from 2:30pm to 5:30pm. The child care centre also runs daily Monday to Friday except During the school holidays. You are most welcome to get involved in our other activities when the school is closed.
(Please note school holidays are: 28th March - 9th April, 23rd June - 16th July, 29th Sept - 28th October, 11th December - 16th January, the schools are closed on these dates, however our other projects do still run on these dates and we need help at the surf outreach center during school holidays.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Volunteer programs begin every Monday of every week (Please arrange for your flight to arrive at Port-Elizabeth Airport on a Monday. Volunteers can choose from 1 week to 96 weeks. You will be given a 90 days visa free of charge on entry into South Africa as long as you Hold a EU, British or American Passport. Please let customs know that you are here on Holiday visiting South Africa (to avoid confusion).
Prices include: Free Surf lesson, use of surf boards, Airport pickup and drop off, Safe and Secure and Neat Accommodation living in safe and neat accommodation, free local transport to and from the projects daily, a trip to the shops to buy food once a week with local transport, and an Orientation of Jeffreys bay area and the township area (where the children are from) on arrival. You will be shown where the banks and shops are and we will assist you in getting a sim card for your phone to work in South Africa and wi-fi on your phone too. You will have the weekends free to explore the garden route at your own cost to hire a car. Car hire is around $15-$30 a day. The volunteers usually hire cars together. You can speak to the leaders to assist you in booking any tour you would like to book.
Prices exclude flights, travel insurance and visas. (You will get a free 90 day visitors visa on entry to South Africa).
To Register with us there is a once off Fee of $260 / £199 (a once off registration fee). This registration fee Reserves your place with us and does not have an expiry date. This fee covers the office running costs at Volunteer in South Africa, as well as our program at www.lovetogive.co.za
PROGRAM FEES BELOW ARE DUE 1 MONTH BEFORE ARRIVAL:
|Length of program||USD RATE||EURO RATE||AUD RATE||ZAR RATE|
|1 WEEK||$320||283 euros||448 aud||R4500|
|2 WEEKS||$540||479 euros||755 aud||R7600|
|3 WEEKS||$760||674 euros||1063 aud||R10641|
|4 WEEKS||$980||869 euros||1370 aud||R13722|
|5 WEEKS||$1200||1065 euros||1677 aud||R16800|
|6 WEEKS||$1420||1260 euros||1985 aud||R19883|
|7 WEEKS||$1860||1650 euros||2600 aud||R26040|
|8 WEEKS||$2300||2040 euros||3215 aud||R32200|
|9 WEEKS||$2740||2430 euros||2830 aud||R38365|
What do your fees pay for?
· The $260 Registration Fee to reserve your place with us covers VSA – Web-design Costs, Program marketing costs, administration costs, Volunteer in Sa fund and feeding the Less Privileged people, communication costs with volunteers.
· Volunteer Program Fee in the table above covers your – Airport pick up on a Monday and Airport Drop off on a Monday, Orientation around the Township and Jeffrey's Bay, Free local transport to and from projects daily, 1 Free Surf Lesson, Safe Neat and Secure Accommodation, Project running costs. Please note our primary currency with the pricing above is in USD rate. So please check the updated exchange rate against the USD rate if you are not from USA.
What additional costs will you have?
The Volunteer must provide for the following:
· Visa (you will get a 90 days visitors visa on entry to South Africa free of Charge if you hold a : UK, USA, OR EUROPE PASSPORT. Please let customs know you are visiting on Holiday,
· All volunteers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure
· Mobile phone. A variety of mobile network carriers provide good coverage for both mobile phones as well as internet facilities. You may let your service provider know you are coming Abroad, or you may buy a South African Mobile Phone at the cost of around $20 for a cheap phone and Data at around $5 a week. The cheapest option is to buy a South African phone when you get to South Africa. Please ask our staff for a letter stating our Adress so you can buy a South African sim card, our staff will take you to sort your sim card out too.
· Watsapp and viber and face book do work in South Africa to message abroad (as long as you have a android phone, Smart Phone, iphone or Blackberry phone and you may put roaming on your phone before departure). It is normally more cost effective to locally purchase pay-as-you-go air-time and data bundles compared to roaming options.
· Spending money for essentials, souvenirs, etc.
· If you wish to do activities on the weekends then you will need to bring extra money for this