Do you want to work with Rural African children- in a safe Part of Uganda, whilst experiencing the heart of the African Culture?
Work with African children at a school situated at our Church in Uganda, and help disciple children, youth and adults.
This project is situated in Mpigi village, one of the most beautiful areas in Uganda. This is a Truly amazing place to Visit. Still Un-touched and so beautiful. This Tropical place of Africa is situated in a beautiful rural village. Invest in the lives of children in rural Africa, and experience the love of the Lord as you serve his people.
This programme is based in the Remote Coastal village, where a faith based community are working hard to make a real difference in the lives of the local community. Our head leader Julius Kufinta and his wife and children will show you around and make you feel right at home. Our accommodation is safe and secure and we offer 3 meals a day included in our fees. Our meals are a set menu so if you have food allergies then you are most welcome to use our kitchenette to cook in.
Please do let us know before arrival what you expect from your time here with us, and what your talents are. Its in our best interest for you to have the best time whilst you are with us and we want you to feel like your time has impacted the Less Privileged people (whilst you are with us).
As a Volunteering Teacher, Volunteers assist the local school teacher at the school in the mornings daily from Monday to friday, teaching the children. In the afyernoons we assist the community and children in making Arts and crafts and assisting them with their home work teaching: maths, English, Science and playing with the children. If you are a skilled Teacher in any specific subject then please let us know.
It will be a Great privilege to have you Joining us adding HOPE and LOVE into the children’s lives. In the afternoons you may help the children with their home work and assist us with our Arts and crafts community program. The school currently has +- 50 children.
Education Mpigi has stood out to be the most neglected and deprived in the whole of Africa.
Our project has a Great need for Volunteers that can come and assist in Teaching and helping Teach these Children In desperate need.
These costs are minimal and include accommodation at the local Hotel (which is 2kms from ou Church). ON Arrival you will be given an orientation to the area. Our community speaks English so you will be able to understand our communication.
Prices exclude flights, Travel insurance, visas (you will get a FREE 3 months visa on entering Uganda as long as you Hold a EU, BRITISH OR USA Passport), breakfast, a packed lunch and dinner are included in our fees.
$240 / £155 for the 1st week $190 / £120 for each additional week
If you wish to Join us as staff for 1 to 6 months then rates will be less for you (please let us know on your application form that you wish to be staff/ interns).
Prices exclude the Registration Fee of $295 (a once off registration fee) If you pay this fee within 5 days from submitting your application form then the fee will be reduced to $250 for you.
What do your fees pay for?
- Registration Fee – Web-design Costs, Program marketing costs, administration costs, Volunteer in Sa fund, and communication costs with volunteers.
- Volunteer Program Fee – Orientation, staff costs to supervise, accommodation in an African Style Hotel, in-country administration costs, pick up and drop off from airport on arrival and departure, staff welcoming on arrival, wi-fi at the hotel, transport to and from the projects Monday to Friday, transport to and from Church, transport to the shop once a week and 3 meals a day Monday to Sunday (on a set menu).
What additional costs will you have?
*The Volunteer must provide for the following:
- Visa (you will get a 3 month visa on entry to Uganda free of Charge if you hold a : UK, USA, OR EUROPE PASSPORT),
- All volunteers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure
- Mobile phone/ internet charges. A variety of mobile network carriers provide good coverage for both mobile phones as well as internet facilities. It is normally more cost effective to locally purchase pay-as-you-go air-time and data internet bundles compared to roaming options.
- Spending money for essentials, souvenirs, etc