Do you want to work with African children and African People, whilst staying on one of the most beautiful Coast-lines of Tropical Africa?
“Work with African Children and Adults, situated next to the beach, in beautiful surroundings”.
This project is situated in Coffee bay, one of the most beautiful Bays in South Africa. Coffee bay was founded many years ago when a Coffee Ship was wrecked on the Coastline of Coffee Bay. This is a Trully amazing place to Visit. Still Untouched and so beautiful. This Tropical place of South Africa is situated on the Wild Coast, Transkei where beach life is a pleasure and Surfing is Joy. Invest in the lives of children in rural Africa, on the magical Wild Coast of South Africa, this is a beautifully breath taking place to visit. You will get to see the famous ‘’Hole in the wall’’ and experience the true African Culture, whilst meeting some Great people.
This programme is based in the Remote Coastal village on the Transkei Coastline, where faith based people are working hard to make a real difference in the lives of the local community.
As a Volunteer you can let us know what you expect from your time with us and what your passions are, so that you can enjoy doing what you love to do. If you would like to have mornings free and only teach Sports and Surfing in the afternoons then you are most welcome. Please let us know what you would like to do.
Volunteer’s days are spent feeding and Praying for Many Less Privileged People house to house and packing food packages for the Less Privileged people in the mornings.
It will be a Great privilege to have you Joining us adding HOPE and LOVE into the children’s lives, in the afternoons you may help the children with their home work and teaching sports activities with the children. The school currently has +- 200 children.
These costs below are minimal and include accommodation at a Lovely beach resort in Coffee bay, If you come for longer than 2 months (as an intern-staff) then the fees will be reduced to $100 a week. There is hot water, fresh bedding and electricity at the resort. There is also a restaurant at the Resort if you would like to order meals. Each apartment has an equipped Kitchen and lovely sea views. (the child care centre and school are 10 minutes walk away from the resort), Basic orientation will be given to you on arrival into Coffee bay, a basic introduction to the Xhosa Language will be given to you on arrival, pick up and drop off on arrival from Umtata shell station or the airport are included in the price and a shuttle to buy Groceries once a week is also included in the price.
Visas (you will get a FREE 3 months visa on entering South Africa as long as you Hold a EU, BRITISH OR USA Passport). Prices exclude flights to South Africa and Umtata airport and travel insurance. Please also budget an extra $35 / £25 - $45 / £35 for food a week.
$240 / £166 / 210 euros per week and $295 / £205/ 259 euros for the 1st week only (includes pick up and drop off).
To reserve your place with us our once off registration fee is $250. Our admin team will send you proof of payment received as soon as we receive your registration fee (You can pay this via the donate button on our home page). Please make the reference your name and surname. The remainder of the weekly fees are due 1 month before departure from your Country.
What do your fees pay for?
- Registration Fee – Web-design Costs, Program marketing costs, administration costs, Volunteer in Sa fund, and communication costs with volunteers.
- Volunteer Program Fee – Basic orientation, staff costs to supervise, accommodation at a lovely Beach resort, country administration costs, pick up and drop off in umtata- and collection by a staff member, shuttle to buy food weekly, use of surfing equipment.
What additional costs will you have?
*The Volunteer must provide for the following:
- Visa (you will get a 3 month visa on entry to South Africa free of Charge if you hold a : UK, USA, OR EUROPE PASSPORT),
- All volunteers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure
- Mobile phone/ internet charges. A variety of mobile network carriers provide good coverage for both mobile phones as well as internet facilities. It is normally more cost effective to locally purchase pay-as-you-go air-time and data bundles compared to roaming options.
- Spending money for essentials, souvenirs, etc