“Learn to surf, with underprivileged kids, project development by taking photos or blogging for the website. Help out with kids activities such as hiking or beach soccer.”.
Learn to surf and teach less privileged children to surf, whilst teaching children education to improve their lives.
This project is situated along the beautiful Coastline of Cape town, at one of the best learn to surf beach'es in South Africa. Learn to surf or improve your skills on one of the most chilled out, surf-friendly waves in the world Surf with kids who wouldn’t otherwise have the opportunity – and help to make sure they’re doing it safely. Enjoy life on the beach and all its related activities from beach volleyball and soccer to chilling with a book. Experience beautiful Cape Town and all it has to offer. You dont need experience in Surfing to Join this Project. You only need to have a heart to serve and a heart for helping teach children skills.
Muizenberg, Cape Town is renowned as one of the best places in the world to learn to surf. There are no rips and currents at this beach, just gentle waves which roll in, almost begging you to ride them. On this trip you’ll learn the thrilling, addictive art of surfing, and then have the fantastic opportunity to surf with kids from the underprivileged areas around Muizenberg whilst teaching them education, Music and skills. The children have a tough upbringing in which money is short and their community and they are troubled by violence and tragedy. At this project we provide the children with The opportunity to get out of that situation and into the water where they can laugh, have healthy, happy fun and forget their troubles for a few hours is absolutely priceless. And they wouldn’t be able to do it without the help of volunteers like you. You’ll be exposing them to new skills, the Love of Jesus, discipleship, pray, bible study, your culture and amazing experiences while you get to spend your days on the beautiful beaches or in the water.
Enjoy soaking up the sunshine on Pristine white beaches and escaping the humdrum of everyday life. In your free time you can explore everything that amazing Cape Town has to offer. Who would have thought that giving back could be so much fun?
|2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||5 weeks||6 weeks||7 weeks||8 weeks||9 weeks|
What you get
We're always available to offer support and guidance before, during and after your trip.
Thorough project briefing materials
Once you’ve booked you'll receive a full pack of all the information you need for the project. It contains general information about volunteering, your specific project and South Africa as well as advice on safety, visas and inoculations.
Don’t worry about arriving in a new country on your own. We’ll be there to welcome you and take you to your accommodation.
Soon after you arrive you’ll attend a thorough orientation with our team. It covers everything you need to know about your next few days, dos and don’ts and your safety. You can ask any questions and find out more about the fun stuff to do around Cape Town and South Africa.
Accommodation and meals
Accommodation is included with all projects and meals are included with some. We only use locally-owned and operated accommodation so that part of your placement fee is filtering back into the local economy. Most projects offer homestay, guesthouse or shared volunteer houses as standard accommodation, but some offer the chance to upgrade to a more comfortable living standard.
24/7 emergency support
We’re always on hand in case of an emergency.
- Registration Fee – Web-design Costs, Program marketing costs, administration costs, Volunteer in Sa fund, and communication costs with volunteers.
- Volunteer Program Fee – Basic orientation, staff costs to supervise, accommodation at a lovely Beach resort, country administration costs, pick up and drop off in umtata- and collection by a staff member, shuttle to buy food weekly, use of surfing equipment.
What additional costs will you have?
*The Volunteer must provide for the following:
· Visa (you will get a 3 month visa on entry to South Africa free of Charge if you hold a : UK, USA, OR EUROPE PASSPORT),
· All volunteers should visit either their personal physician or a travel health clinic 4-8 weeks before departure
· Mobile phone/ internet charges. A variety of mobile network carriers provide good coverage for both mobile phones as well as internet facilities. It is normally more cost effective to locally purchase pay-as-you-go air-time and data bundles compared to roaming options.
· Spending money for essentials, souvenirs, etc